A creamy, chocolaty version of traditional tapioca pudding… it’s so easy to whip up, will curb your sweet tooth AND improve your health! Loaded with antioxidants, fiber, omega-3, calcium, magnesium and more… it tastes so decadent you won’t believe it’s good for you!
• 1 (13.66 oz) can coconut milk (regular, not lite)
• 3/4 cup water
• 30 drops of KAL liquid stevia or raw honey to taste
• 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or flavor
• 1/3 cup chia seeds
• Cinnamon to taste (optional)
1. Add all ingredients to a quart size wide-mouth mason jar and shake or add to a bowl and stir. Taste to adjust to your liking.
2. Cover and refrigerate for at least 15-20 minutes. It helps to shake or stir it a few times while it gels up. It's ready to eat whenever, but I like it best the next day once the chia seeds are completely soft.
3. If it is too thick for your liking the following day, just add a little more coconut milk until it reaches your desired consistency.
Some chia seeds gel up faster than others, so it could take longer to get to a pudding consistency, don’t worry… just wait a bit longer.
Can be served with fresh strawberries or raspberries
This will keep for 4-5 days in the refrigerator